Have you looked into holistic dentistry as part of your healthy lifestyle? I don’t know if you’re like me, but after living with Multiple Sclerosis for almost 3 decades, I decided that I must, not only figure out this disease, but I must learn, study, and investigate every possible facet to healthy living and MS.
I never knew about holistic/biological dentistry and how it focuses on natural and organic ways to deal with the health of your teeth, mouth, and body. I’ve consistently had challenges with my teeth since I was a teenager. In fact, my dentist at the time was obsessed with ROOT CANALS. (Yes, obsessed.) And we now understand the science behind root canals and that it could negatively affect our overall oral and physical well-being. Some doctors, dentists, and scientists think it’s almost a guarantee of some type of illness or disease – so it’s worth investigating. Now, when I say my Dentist was “obsessed,” I’ll explain. My sister and I were each given 4 root canals. As many of you know from my blog and my newly published book “Waking Up From MS – My Journey to Health, Healing and Living Symptom Free”, that both myself and my twin sister Kim were diagnosed as teenagers with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. And we wondered if those procedures could have been a part of our long history with MS? You can learn more about my sister and me in MS and the Mind.
Holistic Dentistry and Healthy
Living go hand in hand!
My best friend told me about a wonderful, local, holistic dentist. Since I was focusing now solely on holistic and alternative therapies to heal, I went with an open mind and literally an open mouth. We now understand the direct correlation with oral health and lifelong health. Many diseases and illnesses can start in the mouth.
Benefits of Holistic Dentistry:
– They take a Whole Body approach to our care, it’s not solely focused on our teeth. They focus on the mind, body and spirit. (Wow, I’ve preached for years how we must focus on a whole body approach to healing our MS.)
– They understand that each tooth is related to an acupuncture meridian that directly relates to various organs, glands and systems in our body. An experienced dentist can assess your overall health by studying your tooth health.
– They use materials that are bio-compatible to your body. (I had biocompatibility testing done to ensure I wasn’t allergic or had sensitivities to any of the products the dentist would be using on me.) After that testing we learned that most of the things in my mouth through previous dental procedures I was allergic or sensitive too. That was an eye-opener!
– Holistic dentists believe in doing everything possible to support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. (Again, this was another point I have always believed. That every “body” can be healthy if you give it the right tools to do so.)
– They believe in natural or holistic solutions for things like Root Canals.
– They don’t use Fluoride, ever. Which is a known carcinogen and neurotoxin.
I highly recommend going to a holistic dentist as soon as possible, check it out and see if you think it will be a benefit to you and your family. Simply Google “holistic/biological dentistry” in your area. Checkout my MS Resources & Links page for further information about different providers. Remember, in this journey with MS we must look at many different areas for our healing. One thing didn’t give us MS, and it won’t be one single thing to heal. It’s important to focus on a whole body approach – mind, body, and spirit.
To our Health!
If you’re interested in understanding more about MS and how to heal naturally, check out my book – “Waking Up From MS – My Journey To Health, Healing and Living Symptom Free.“